Friday, July 25, 2008

LoveBirds Tag

Kristine tagged me- so I tag Kristi, Trisha, Katie, Grandma Hamblin and Nicole Oh! And Tessy too! I didn't know you started a blog!

1. When did you and your husband first meet?
In a play in high school. He was in the play and I was a "techie" =0) He didn't go on stage until the last 20 minutes of the play, so we had plenty of time to hang out backstage together. He couldn't resist my incredible charms. . . and he was pretty charming to me too. Anyway, I was only 15 and he was 18, so he had to wait for a few months to take me out on our first date, which he did and then promptly dumped me afterwards. Let's just say we didn't get along so well at our job (we both worked at Arctic Circle at this point) or any where else where we ran into each other. I have to give kudos to Teresa here for putting up with me during my teenage heartbreak. She listened to me cry and took me out for my first Italian Soda ever, I just wish she would have told me that you were supposed to blow into it to mix the syrup with the soda water and cream (it sure makes it taste better ;) )



2. What is the first thing you said to each other?
I can't remember what exactly the first things that we said to each other, but I do remember him trying to teach me how to dance out in the hallway, and he said I was pretty good, so either he was lying, or he has just changed his mind since we've been married. I think I am a pretty good dancer, but he says I have no rhythm which isn't entirely true, it just comes a little slower for me than for some people =0)

3. When was your first date?
December 31st, 1996. I had just turned 16 the day before. He called me at the last minute and took me to his friends house where we watched some stupid movies and then went icing on the golf course (there wasn't too much snow) and then threw snowballs with the little snow there was. He was pretty much a brat to me the whole time.
Since that wasn't the most positive experience I will tell you about our second
"first" date. This one was a few years later, after he had been on a mission and I had gotten back from basic training and AIT in the Army National Gaurd. We saw each other again at Clinton's (his younger brother) Christmas choir concert. I told him we should get together sometime, just to be nice, I didn't really mean it, but he called me a few days later and he took me out to lunch at Perkins (I believe).




4. First Kiss?
That would have been about our 4th date (four days after our second "first" date)For the record, this was Jaron's first kiss ever and he was shaking he was so scared!

5. When were the first "I love you's" said?
Honestly, I can't remember. Probably about 3 weeks in, about the same time we got engaged =0) I think we both knew, but it was weird saying it outloud.

6. Long or short engagement?
5 months, from the first part of January to May 13th.

7. Where did you get engaged?
Cherry Springs, in hip deep snow. He blindfolded me and drove me out there, by the time I got there I was sick and completely disoriented. However, it was really beautiful and peaceful out there. There was a full moon and the snow was gorgeous.


8. Where were you married?
The Idaho Falls Temple, May 13th, 2000.


9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We went to a hotel in Idaho Falls then on to Island Park right after we got married. We waited about a month and a half to go on our offical honeymoon to Lagoon. It was great, aside from the fact that I was already unknowingly pregnant and for some weird reason all the rrides were making me sick!

10. Where was your first home?
Our first home was a basement apartment by ISU in Pocatello. Our upstairs neighbors smoked and had snakes and lizards loose in the house, and they fed them by just putting crickets loose in the house. Our cat, "Kiki" had a great time hunting the crickets. I was adamant that I get out of that place before I had the baby, so as soon as our six month contract was up we bought our first house at 743 Washington in Pocatello.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it! you guys are so cute!

Williams Ski Team said...

WOW, cool love story. That was so much fun learning more about you guys...:)

teresa said...

So cute, wow, brings back lots of memories!