Saturday, July 12, 2008

BroCCoLi

Well, today I did my first broccoli freezing ever! I picked it, blanched it and froze it and it was much easier than I ever thought it could be. Thanks to Grandma Hamblin for her quick instructions, my family will have delicious home-grown broccoli for the next several months I am sure. It is so satisfying having your own garden and preparing your own food, even though it is a little overwhelming having such a big garden and so much to be done with it! Next on the list of things to be done (besides the continuous raspberry picking) are the peas. They are ready to be picked and frozen. I am excited and a bit daunted by that task, but I have to get it done before the peas get too big or too old, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, so I planted a broccoli but have no idea when to harvest it. i can't believe your garden is that far along already!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Great job, Heather! I told you it wasn't too hard to do the broccoli. Keep it picked and it will keep you going until Sept. and will give you some to share with the family, too. We hope you enjoy the garden stuff & the fruit from the trees.
We're happy Jaron will be moving down real soon.
Good Luck! Give the kids kisses from Grandma & Grandpa.