Saturday, October 18, 2008

Miscellaneous

I wish I were better about blogging more often, but I have to admit the paper route wipes me out pretty good. I used to blog after I got the kids to bed, but now I go to bed as soon as they do. Anyway, the last couple of days were fun. Jaron met one of the co-owners of Cafe Rio at work and he gave Jaron two "Gold Cards". They entitiled us each to one free meal and drink, so we took the kids out, got them a burrito to share and some desserts and the whole family ate for $11! I love cheap stuff!

Then we took the kids to Lagoon to see Frightmares. There was a little Spook-a-Boo alley for the kids to go through and get candy. It was really mild, not scary at all and they loved it. Jaron and I got a babysitter and went back later on our own. We went through one of the haunted houses which ended up being really lame. The fun part was the hypnotist show. Jaron was one of the chosen volunteers and he was pretty funny, he was told he was Barney and he sang the "I Love You" song and went through the audience hugging people. CREEPY! LOL Anyway, I remembered more of the show than he did, so I probably had more fun than him.

Here is a picture of the kids at Lagoon and then one of Ashton with a giant cucumber.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Wait!! That looks suspiciously like a giant zuchini!! Anyway...HOW FUN!! I forgot all about Frightmares!!! I wish I would have come and played with you...that would have been neat. Oh, and did Jaron sing in his really gay voice as Barney?? What a hoot! love ya,

Heather said...

No, we cut it open and it is definitely a cucumber, our zuchini are even bigger than that =0)

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Great gardening if you get a cucumber that size -- it looks like a zucchini to me too.
We're glad you had a Happy Halloween and lots of fun.
Hope everything is getting under control there at home, Thanks for taking care of the problems.
Love, Grandma

Kristi said...

It's not Halloween for a couple more weeks grandma!! Anyway...Brent said you called, but he wasn't really sure what you said, he was confused...next time you'll have to ask for me! Ha, did Jaron get the rain gutter fixed? Hope so...

Williams Ski Team said...

Cool, Frightmares...I would love to do that with the fam. Glad you had fun!!

The Sayer Family said...

Hey Heather, it's Heather (Parkin)! I've been peeking at your blog from Kristine's for a few weeks - I hope you don't mind - and have really enjoyed it. Your kids are so big. I remember seeing them in my parent's ward and they have grown so much. Feel free to check our blog out!

Trisha said...

I agree, that's a zucchini. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Jacob said...

cute pictures looks like your having fun thats a pretty huge zuchini

Williams Ski Team said...

Ok, I witnessed and touched that suspicously looking vegetable. So for all the following comments that think it is a zuchinni, sorry it is a CUCUMBER! I was there!