Thursday, October 9, 2008

Barbie needed a haircut. . .

Every time Emmy sits down to practice piano Carter is close by watching intently, and then asking her to teach him something, so this morning I decided to start him with some basic stuff using Emmy's old books. He took to it like a fish takes to water. He is amazing me with how quickly he can learn things, and he REMEMBERS EVERYTHING I teach him! He wanted to learn how to play guitar like Emmy is, but when Jaron tried to show him a chord, we saw that his hands were still too small to even get around the neck of the guitar. I guess he will just have to wait till he grows a little bit.


I spent a good part of the day while Carter was in school trying to figure out the best courses for me to take at the U and how I can finish up in the most timely manner. Blarghhh. Frustrating to say the least.

Tonight I trimmed Emmy's bangs up for her and when I finished she asked, "Mama, can I please cut a Barbie's hair? I promise I won't make a mess! (She always does anyway) And I will clean up everything! (She always doesn't)". My first instinct was to say "no", but then I remembered how badly I had always wanted to cut a Barbies hair, but never did. So I thought, what the heck, at least she asked permission! So I told her to find one of her yucky, old Barbies and then to make sure her brothers didn't see her doing it. You would think I had just handed her a million dollars! She was so excited and she actually DID clean up her mess. Anyway, here is a picture of the newly styled Barbie. Oh, and for those of you who know me and my hair-cutting skills, don't worry. . . Emmy's bangs turned out just fine (but I did wait until AFTER school pictures just in case I totally screwed them up =0)
Emmy decided this was definitely an improvement!

4 comments:

K Lind said...

The messy look is all the rage. She did a good job!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

As for me, the jury is still out on the Barbie hair cut -- but I have to admit it's "in style".
We love reading your blog and hearing about our amazing great grandchildren -- and they are amazing and wonderful!!! We love you all so very much -- and we miss you LOTS too.
Hoorah! for Carter and his piano desires -- we hope he learns quickly and does good. I'm excited that Emmy is doing so well. You are all so talented!!!
Grandma sends hugs & kisses -- XXXXOOOO for all the kids.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

P.S. Maybe you already know that Andrea Rassmussen has a beauty shop in her basement -- and she's really good. She just lives down at the end of the street & is in our Ward. She has been doing my hair for a long time. And she is a sweetheart!

Williams Ski Team said...

Very funny pic of the barbie! I remember those days!