Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ward Camp Out. . . and stuff

Wow, I haven't blogged forever. So in the last little bit we had a ward camp out which we got several pictures from, so I will post them. It was a nice camp ground. We cooked steaks for dinner and the kids got to play on the toys that were available there. We didn't actually stay the night since Jaron had to be to work early and I had the paper route to do, but it was still fun.


Angie and Truman stopped by on their way through to Spanish Fork. The kids had a great time playing and Lilly, just like the rest of our kids, is for some reason scared of Truman! She kept hiding her head on Angie's chest and then when she couldn't see him anymore she would look up. I got some video of it, but it was when she actually started warming up to him a little. Still it was adorable!


We made a day trip to Pocatello and had lunch with Kristi and Clint at Buddy's (YUM!). We got to see Clinton's house which is coming along really nicely, I am so excited for them to be able to finish it and move in. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Katie and Corgin since they were making a trip to Salt Lake for the day (ironic huh?). Maybe next time. We also got to see my parents for a little while.


Ok, so here is my brag-fest about my kids. Carter is doing so well in gymnastics that they are ready to move him up to the next level, he is almost able to do a back handspring by himself. As soon as he masters it I will post a video of it. Emmy still hasn't lost her tooth, but it is getting looser (is that a word?). I had a conference with Emmy's teacher and she is in love with her, calling her a "living doll". She also told me that she would like to have her tested for the Spectrum program which is for advanced children. She is already reading at a 6th grade level and possibly beyond. The word on the reading test that stopped her up was "homogenized" . She told me that she does very well socially in the class as well and is not at all disruptive (by talking) because she has plenty of things for her to do to keep her busy enough that she won't get bored.


I am currently working on completing my enrollment at the University of Utah. I keep calling it Utah State University and if I am not careful I'm gonna get myself shot. Apparently they are rivals or something and every time I say the wrong name I insult people all around me =0) Jaron told me to be safe just call it The U. So that is what I will do. Well, I think that is pretty much it for now. Blog at ya later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the pics are cute
the kids are awesome
and you are hilarious
the end

Kristi said...

It was fun to go to lunch with you and get to see Asthon and Lilly...lunch was WAY YUMMY!! It's been a while for me too...tell Emmy and Carter Hi for us! Hope to see you again soon.

teresa said...

Cool! I'm glad to hear how well your kids are doing, but I'm not surprised! Fun campout!