Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"A loose tooth and a new haircut!"

Emmy is feeling like a brand new woman! Yesterday morning she came into my room and woke me up to ask what she could eat for breakfast that wouldn't hurt her tooth. She told me it had been hurting for 3 days now, and I thought, "Oh great, she's got a cavity". Anyway, I told her to go make herself some oatmeal and fell back asleep. About 45 minutes later I awoke to her and Carter squealing and running into my room, "I have a loose tooth!!!" And then, of course, I got the wiggly demonstration by Emmy several times. Sure enough, she has her first loose tooth and she is super excited. As soon as it actually falls out I will post a pic.


As for the new haircut, her friends at school have been telling her she looks like Hannah Montana, which to a 2nd grade girl is quite the compliment. She decided that she wanted to have bangs like Hannah and so yesterday I took her to the beauty parlor to get her some bangs. As we were driving there she said with a giant, satisfied grin, "A loose tooth and a new haircut!" She loves her new bangs!

This is a picture I snuck of Emmy and Ashton playing "school'. They were using one of Lilly's rattles for a bell and in this picture Ashton was drawing various squiggly objects and then asking Emmy what they were. She would come up with some random thing and he would say, "That's right!" in his best teacher voice. Pretty fun!

7 comments:

Lacey and Jeremy Briscoe said...

Tell Emmy I love the new haircut. She definately looks just like Hannah Montana! That pic of them playing school is so cute!

Unknown said...

sounds just like emmy. how cute.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Emmy, you are always beautiful! I like the new bangs, but I'm dreading a toothless smile. HA!!
The school thing looks so cute. And I wondered where you put the piano, now I know.
Hugs & kisses from Grandma!

Kristi said...

I've always liked Emmy with bangs!!! Remember?? I used to cut them all the time, but I kept getting cussed out! Ha...seriously...they are such an improvement! I love them!

Williams Ski Team said...

hey checked out the new tunes, Paramore, loved it! Emmy looks cute with bangs! Hopefully your tooth fairy remembers better than ours LOL! I had fun chatting with you tonight, let's hike before it snows!

Jacob said...

I love the new bangs they look great on Emmy. Love all the posts it gives me something to do I get pretty bored a lot. I miss all the kids give em hugs from me and Addi. Tanessa

Wendi said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe, but Emmy looks even older. Wasn't it just a few months ago that I saw her??