Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin for Pres... I mean Vice President!

I am not into politics the way some people are, but I did watch Sarah Palin's speech, and I am SOLD! She is the first politician that I have ever been able to see myself in, and I love her down-home demeanor. I was losing hope for the GOP, but I think she was a really good choice for V.P. I guess it comes down to this, if she can inspire a person who is otherwise oblivious to the political scene, me, for example, to be more involved in politics and more interested in what is going on, then I am sure she can do it with many more Americans that are just like me (and I am guessing there are millions). The fact that she has five children, is a "hockey mom" who just signed up for the PTA and has an "imperfect" family makes me feel that I will truely have a voice in the White House that understands me as an individual among millions. For the first time the Oval Office doesn't feel like a place for stuffy old men to sit around and decide things that will affect a lifestyle (mine) that they can't even begin to comprehend. So, for the first time in my life, I am truly interested in an election and I am 100% behind the McCain/Palin ticket!

2 comments:

K Lind said...

You go Heather! I am totally with you! I watched the RNC just to hear Sarah Palin and was totally blown away. She is awesome and I really hope they win!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I thought she "NAILED" it!!! What a great surprise she's turned out to be. Things are looking up for the GOP. Glad this sparked your political senses. Remember to get out and VOTE.
We'll be voting absentee ballot this year!