Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Party for Old People

So yesterday was my little brother's birthday. He turned 26 and had no plans, so I invited him down for some home cooked food (he's a bachelor and so never gets any good home cooking). My parents decided to come for his "party" too, if you can call it that. . . We had lasagna for dinner at his request with a chocolate cake for dessert. I tried to get a picture of the stink, but he kept holding a paper in front of his face, so this blurry one was the best I could come up with. I did get a picture of Lilly after he tried holding her. She has only seen him maybe 3 times since she was born and her "stranger danger" alarm is kicking in. I wasn't in the room, so she let my mom console her. I have never seen her cling to someone so hard, it was pretty cute.

It was funny when Cody first got here, Emmy had a friend over whom I told to go home since we were having a birthday dinner with Emmy's uncle. Ashton heard this and said, "Aah man! I wish I had an uncle!" Also my mom was sitting next to him for lunch and as most of us know, her skin can get pretty red due to her lupus. So he was sitting next to her eating and out of the blue says, "You look like a tomato, a HUGE tomato!" That kid CRACKS me up!
Emmy and Carter are both supposed to read or be read to for about 20 minutes a day, so Emmy just reads to him and we kill 2 birds with one stone-- awesome! This is them tonight after Ashton and Lilly had gone to bed, getting their reading time in.

5 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Birthday for who???? You don't know what "old" looks like. HA!!
Loved seeing the pictures. Love to see Emmy and Carter in their "reading mode".
Love you all.
Grandma Hamblin

Kristi said...

Lilly cuddled up to her grandma is just precious!! I am so glad that Emmy is a good big sister and reads to Carter...and that cracked me up that Ashton wanted an uncle too!! He is a funny kid! Happy Birthday Cody!

teresa said...

Aw, I miss your family! Give them hugs for me!

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

I love the "Oh man, I want an uncle." That is such a classic Ashton comment.