Saturday, August 30, 2008

K- So I am a lazy mom. . .


I forgot to get pictures of my kids on their first day of school, so I had to take one of Emmy in one of her favorite new outfits, and I will get one of Carter on Monday, since that is really his first day of actual school.

Emmy has had a great first week of school. She has already made lots of new friends, according to her, everyone in her class knows her and likes her except for one boy, and he just never talks, so she doesn't know if he is her friend yet or not. She has been walking to school with several neighborhood kids and is feeling pretty mature being able to do that. Her teacher sent home a list of "hard" words kids to practice reading and Emmy blew right threw it. It will probably be another very easy year academically for her.

She started her piano lessons this week and so now she is in one gymnastics class and piano. She is such a sweet girl and I am so privileged to be her mother. On another note, she went to Wal-Mart with me tonight and we stopped and looked at the fashion cubic zirconium rings they have on display. She fell in love with a little pink heart diamond ring and asked if I would buy it for her. I told her no, it was 8 bucks and if she wanted it she could earn more money and buy it herself, to which she replied, "No Way! I'm not going to spend MY money on that!" LOL Then she told me laughingly, "Mom, it's not that much for you, just 800 pennies!" . . . she just wanted to show off her math skills =0)

Carter is my little OCD kid, we got him a pencil box and a few supplies (crayons, scissors, glue etc.) and he organized and then reorganized his pencil box. He then carried it into bed and asked me to turn the light on, because while he was walking the stuff in the box moved and he needed to put it back the right way. ***sigh*** He has been anal about picking up his room every night and heaven forbid if Ashton moves a single thing out of place!

Ashton was a bit jealous that he didn't get anything new for school, so I gave him a mechanical pencil from the junk drawer and you would think it was solid gold! He is sleeping with it as I type.

I put Lilly down for a nap today and after about 10 minutes I heard her squealing, so I ran to her room to see what was wrong and she was standing up in her crib with a giant smile on her face -- this is the first time she has stood on her own. Needless to say, she was so busy practicing she wouldn't take her nap. When daddy got home you could tell she was exhausted, but too hyped up, so he burrito wrapped her and she couldn't even wiggle, and 5 seconds later she was out.

Jaron started at the Layton Cracker Barrel today! We are so relieved that he is finally there. Not only will it save us a ton on gas, but the environment is much better in this store.

As for me, I am just plugging along, doing my paper route and battling some really intense allergies right now.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow! That was exciting news about Jaron! I am so glad for him. Sounds like all the kids are doing good and Carter will be excited for school I know. Glad Emmy is doing piano, I expect a song when I come! Give all the kids a kiss for Gramma!

Unknown said...

yay for jaron -- and you are such a good mom - I love your mom stories . . .

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Love the pic's of the kids and the news from all of you and what you're doing. Emmy is getting way too grown up, I can hardly believe it! We're so glad the kids are enjoying school, I hope they have lots of friends!
Hey, that Lilly is really getting the hang of being upright, she is so cute. Keep the pic's coming, we love it!
We're delighted with the news that Jaron is finally at the Layton store. Love you all!!

teresa said...

I love hearing about your kids. Such cute stories!