Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jean Quilt

OK here goes another blog that is actually over a month old, but I am just now getting around to it. Ever since we got married Jaron has been saving jeans so we could make a jean quilt. I have gotten really sick of moving bag-fulls of jeans around with us whenever we have to move, so one night when we were bored I said to Jaron, "Let's go get started on that jean quilt you've been wanting to make". He agreed and off we went. He really wanted it to be a family project, but we didn't trust the kids to cut up the jeans, so Jaron and I did that, I cut the all the squares out, sewed the thing together AND tied it by myself since Jaron didn't want to tie it. So much for a "family" project =0) I still have to bind the edges, but it looks really nice and it will be awesome once it is finished. I plan on finishing it in the next week or so.




Lilly has had persisitent ear infections since she was about 8 months old. Her pediatrician recommened we see an ENT so we went in on Monday. Her ears are full of fluid and she did poorly on a hearing test they gave her. The ENT believes this may be why she isn't talking yet. According to her hearing test, she has a very hard time hearing normal talking voices, and what she does hear is probably extremely muffled due to all the fluid. Luckily this is all fixed very easily by tubes, so she is going to Primary Children's Hospital next week on Tuesday to get tubes in her ears and I am sure she will be feeling alot better. . . she is always fiddling with her ears so I am sure she can feel the pressure from all the fluid in there.
I have finally finished my blog book from last year, but while I was working on it today, I noticed Lilly was being unusually quiet. . . and this is how I found her . . .






3 comments:

Lacey and Jeremy Briscoe said...

The quilt looks awesome. I also have bags full of jeans that will hopefully one day turn into a quilt! Poor Lily. I hope all goes well with her.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I'm glad you got the jean quilt about done, it looks good.
Sorry Lilly is having ear problems, sure hope this tube thing works.
Sorry about the refrigerator problem, it's lasted a long time anyway -- we hope the new one works GREAT.
Love You! Grandma Hamblin

Kristi said...

Love the quilt!! Hate that Lilly's ears hurt!! And that picture of her into the cereal...she looked a lot loke Ashton in that!! Your kids are growing up way too fast. Glad to hear about the transfer...keep us up to date on all that stuff!! Love ya, mom