Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slacker Mom

Sunday was Carter's 6th birthday! Happy Birthday Carter, even if I am a slacker mom and I didn't blog about it then. . . even worse I don't have any pictures to post from it. We took him and the other kids to Chuck E. Cheese's on Friday and his Grandma Kristi and Grandpa Brent came down to celebrate with us. Sunday we made him a cake and let him blow out the candles. He tells me he loves being 6.

Yesterday we had our Thanksgiving dinner. We had to have it early since Jaron works on Thursday. We had our friends Nicole and Kurt and their kids come over to share the dinner with us and then we played Settlers of Catan while the kids ran around the house. It was by far the most simple Thanksgiving dinner we have ever had, but it was fun and amazingly we didn't use every dish in our kitchen!

I saw the Twilight movie with Jaron and his mom last Friday and Jaron and I both liked it. I don't know if seeing the movie without reading the books first would have sold me on the Twilight series, but I did enjoy the movie after reading the books.

2 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Glad to see your new blog -- I have to check everyday or two, because that's the only way I find out what's happening. No one EVER writes us!!
We're happy Carter had a fun Birthday and we loved his sweet phone call to thanks us for the card and stuff.
We love you, Carter!!! We're glad you are 6 too. And we're glad you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Our Love, Grandma & Grandpa Hamblin

Williams Ski Team said...

Hey we had a fun time at your house for Thanksgiving and playing Catan. We definitely need to play again and go with our new strategies!