Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Holidays!

***Note*** All these pictures are out of order and unlabeled because it takes too freaking long and I'm too lazy to do it, so you'll just have to figure out which order they go in. Also, I am waiting on a few more pictures (I couldn't find my camera, so all of these ones are courtesy of Casey). When I get them I will add them on here.






























































We have had a really fun holiday season this year. We started out on the 23rd when my mom and dad arrived, followed shortly after by Casey and Sophia. We went to breakfast Christmas Eve at Cracker Barrel and then went home and everyone took a nap. After that we went and saw Bolt in 3D at the movie theatre and the kids (me too) loved it!



After that we took off to Temple Square to look at the lights. The kids have never been there at Christmas time before and we all loved it, it was so beautiful. When we got home, Jack the Elf came to visit and bring the kids their jammies. Ashton was so excited for Christmas that he put on his jammies and ran straight to bed so he could go to sleep. Cody arrived that night to spend Christmas day with us. Christmas morning Jaron and I got up at 3am to go fold papers, and all of the kids (except Lilly) were up and digging into their stockings. We had to make them go back to bed and told them we would wake them up when I finished the paper route. Carter ended up coming with me to help deliver the papers and he had a great time waking everyone up when we got home. Christmas morning was really fun and my children got spoiled rotten as usual. Especially Emmaline. . . her Grandma Rae went against direct orders and bought Emmy a giant animated pony that she named S'mores. Carter got a Nintendo DS from Santa and Emmy got an iPod shuffle. Ashton got a smart cycle (hopefully it will help him get rid of some energy). We had a fun day full of napping and playing with new toys. The day after Christmas mom and dad went home and Jaron had to go back to work. Casey and Sophia played with the kids and let me sleep in in the morning. In the afternoon, when Jaron got home, we got a babysitter and went to dinner at Tepanyaki. . . a Japanese steak house and sushi bar. The food was incredible and watching it be prepared was just as cool.



Casey and Sophia headed home the next morning, but Christmas was only half done for us! We still got to go to Brent and Kristi's house in Inkom to celebrate a late Christmas with them and Jaron's family. We went Sunday in the morning after my paper route and had a great time there. Kristi got me a karaoke machine and it has hardly been off for more than 20 minutes at a time since we got home. The kids got to go sledding and it was fun visiting with family since we only get to see most of them about once a year. While I was in Pocatello I also got to meet up with some of my best friends from high school whom I haven't seen forever. It was really neat to see alot of their children and to catch up with them.

We came home on Tuesday, which was also my birthday. I would like to thank those who actually remembered it. . . and to those who forgot (you know who you are) . . . well, you're forgiven since I forgot until about halfway into the day myself =0). Jaron remembered the next day and my mom apologized. . . this is only the second time she's ever forgotten after all =0). I really didn't mind though. I took myself to Cafe Rio and got some take-out and then got the kids McDonald's. It was actually a pretty nice day.


New Years eve was the next night and I celebrated by going to bed at 9:00 and Jaron worked until who knows when, I don't even remember him coming home. I am excited for the new year and to see what will happen in our lives. I know I am horrible about describing what we did, hopefully one day when I am not so tired all the time, I will be able to put a little more effort into our families journal!

2 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

You shared your Christmas, Birthday, and all the Holidays really well, I thought -- Thanks!! It's great to hear about all your adventures and fun. We're happy you would share all this with us. Pictures of the kids were worth millions to us!! We miss all of you and hope things are going well.
Love you all!!
Grandma & Grandpa Hamblin

Williams Ski Team said...

I am so glad that you guys had a fun 1st Christmas here in Utah. It looks like you all had a great time and enjoyed your family in town. I am glad you liked the restaurant, we will have to go there together and play Catan of course!