Sunday, December 14, 2008

Warning: This one really skips around!

We've had a busy week and I have been taking lots of pictures and videos to document it, so here it goes.

Ashton and Carter had to go into the dentist to get some dental work done. Ashton, of course, was not planning on cooperating, so the dentist gave me a prescription that I would give to him at the dentist office just before his treatment that would put him into a light sleep and help him relax and not fight. In the morning I told him not to eat or drink anything and when he asked why Jaron explained him to that he had to go to the dentist and that they were going to put him to sleep so he wouldn't see anything, but that he couldn't eat before he went to sleep. Ashton quickly replied, "I don't want them to put me to sleep! I know how to go to sleep by myself! See!" and he proceeded to "sleep" while he stood there, complete with snoring. When we got to the dentist, I gave him his medicine and he spit it all out. Needless to say he ended up getting a shot instead, and he wished very much that he would have just swallowed the yucky medicine.

I babysat for my friend this week and our children made up a crazy little dance, so I put the video of it at the end of this blog. We also made some Christmas cookies tonight. I had to get the kids out of my hair, so I made a double batch of dough and gave each of them a small ball to roll out and cut. Then they decorated their own cookies. I still haven't made the rest of the dough, I will probably do that when I don't have quite so much "help".

We got a ton of snow today. It started at about 4 o'clock in the morning, just as I was beginning to deliver my paper route. It really dumped in a short amount of time and my route has a ton of hills in it, some of which took me several tries to make it up. I picked up Carter half-way through so he could help me get papers from the back of the car so I wouldn't waste so much time getting in and out. He was a great helper and he is always fun to have along. I didn't get done until 9 so I was late for church and I was supposed to give the opening prayer in sacrament. Luckily Jaron wasn't working this morning, so he took the other kids and said the prayer for me.

Lilly discovered how to go down the steps tonight, so I also put a video of that on. I would like to say more and take more time to elaborate on the hilarious things that Ashton did this week, but I always find that when I sit down to blog about it, I just want to get it done quickly so I can get on to other stuff I have to do.



















3 comments:

Williams Ski Team said...

Heather you are such an awesome mom, you and the kids always look like you are having a lot of fun. That Lilly is so stinkin cute! Good for her crawling on the stairs!

Kristi said...

Good job Lilly...and the cookies and dancing looked pretty fun! Ashton, do you EVER wear pants? I think every picture I see of him he is in his underwear!! Ha...
Things are good here, but tons of snow like you said...I was hoping to come down tomorrow (Tues.) but will have to wait and see if the roads are safe enough for me to brave it! If not, Jake's dad is picking them up, so I will call ya'll and let you know.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Thanks for the pictures of all the kids -- we LOVE seeing them, because we love you all so very much!
Ashton, if you don't start putting on clothes, Heavenly Father is going to have to make your body grow fur to keep you warm -- like the puppy dogs. Get some warm clothes on, buddy so you don't get sick, OK??
Hoorah! for Lilly!! Looks like she loves it.
Merry Christmas everyone!!! We send our love,
Grandma & Grandpa Hamblin